Karly completed her Master of Physiotherapy at Curtin University, where she immediately developed a passion for pelvic health. Since graduating, Karly has gained specialised clinical skills in the field through her work at the National Women’s Hospital in Auckland, treating pelvic disorders. She has also worked in private practice across both Australia and New Zealand, treating both women’s and men’s pelvic health and general musculoskeletal conditions. She is currently undertaking her Clinical Masters in Continence and Women’s Health through Curtin University. Karly is experienced in managing a broad range of women’s and men’s pelvic conditions.
Karly is extremely passionate about her work and is dedicated to helping her patients achieve their goals. She likes to incorporate a holistic/integrated approach as she guides patients on their own healing journey. This means tackling all aspects of optimal health including stress management, nutrition, sleep, and of course exercise!
In her free time she enjoys hiking, skiing, golf, basketball, exploring nature, travelling and spending time with her friends and family.
- M Clin Physio (Men’s and Women’s Pelvic Health)
- B Med Health Sci Adv (Hons)
Areas of Specialism
- Bladder dysfunction – incontinence, bladder pain, overactive bladder
- Bowel dysfunction – incontinence, obstructed defecation, prolapse, pelvic floor muscle dysfunction, anorectal pain
- Chronic pelvic pain – endometriosis, menstrual dysfunction, pudendal neuralgia, sacroiliac joint pain, hip/groin pain
- Male pelvic pain
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Postnatal conditions – incontinence, prolapse, separated abdominals, core weakness
- Pregnancy-related conditions – pelvic girdle pain, back pain, incontinence, prolapse
- Sexual dysfunction – vaginismus, vulvodynia, erectile/ejaculatory pain
- Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Continence Women’s Health Group