PREGNANCY EXERCISE CLASSES
Our Pregnancy Exercise Classes are designed to help women exercise safely throughout their pregnancy. We focus on key muscle groups that support the way your body changes through each trimester, including the pelvic floor muscles. Our Physiotherapists are highly educated in understanding the demands on the pregnant body and are skilled to adapt all exercises to your fitness level and stage of pregnancy.
Who Are Physio-Led Pregnancy Exercise Classes For?
They are suitable for any pregnant woman, up until their due date.
What Are The Benefits?
- Physio-led safe and appropriate exercise for pregnancy
- A mixture of low intensity cardiorespiratory exercise, upper body and lower body strengthening, mobility, flexibility and postural awareness
- Education is threaded through the classes including information about the pelvic floor muscles, labour, optimal birth positions, perineal massage, the use of TENS, posture and more.
- We keep you up-to-date on looking after your overall health and well-being during this special time.
- Form connections with other mums-to-be in the local area which may end up turning into close bonds and mothers groups in the future
“These classes are a fabulous way to ensure a strong, fit, healthy and informed pregnancy.”
How Do I Book My Spot?
Please book a Pregnancy Assessment for a pelvic floor muscle assessment, and to address any underlying injuries, pelvic girdle or back pain, or concerns you may have about exercising whilst pregnant. It is important we know your history, exercise capabilities and specific goals so that your Physiotherapist can recommend a tailored exercise plan to address your needs. You can visit us at our Spring St, Bondi Junction clinic, or attend your appointment via telehealth.
Health Fund Rebates
Our classes are eligible for Private Health Insurance rebates for Clients that have attended a Physio appointment first. Rebates are dependent on your individual fund and level of cover. Please check with your fund prior to booking to avoid disappointment.