Pelvic Floor Muscle Class
Designed to complement your Physio treatment, this specialised class includes targeted exercises to improve your pelvic floor muscle awareness, strength, endurance, speed and coordination. This class will help you improve your pelvic health for the long-term, and improve or prevent symptoms of incontinence, prolapse and sexual dysfunction.
Benefits of the Class
- Physio-led safe and appropriate exercise for people experiencing pelvic floor dysfunction
- Improved adherence to pelvic floor muscle exercises
- Relief from symptoms of pelvic floor dysfunction
- Social connection with others experiencing pelvic floor dysfunction or who have recovered from dysfunction
What to Expect During the Class
The class is a 30min, Physio-led exercise class targeting the Pelvic Floor Muscles. You will practice pelvic floor exercises in a variety of positions, using different imagery to help you deeply connect to your pelvic floor. The classes predominantly focus on strengthening the PFM but also include speed, endurance and functional integration. This powerful combination of exercises will ensure your PFM is able to best support your bladder, bowel and sexual function over the long-term.
Who is this class for?
This class is suitable for men and women are experiencing pelvic floor muscle weakness and people who have trouble completing their exercise programs at home. Examples of people who may benefit from this class are:
- Pre and post-natal women
- Peri and post-menopausal women
- Men pre and post prostatectomy
- Men & women suffering with urinary or faecal incontinence
- Women diagnosed with all stages of pelvic organ prolapse
- Men & women experiencing sexual dysfunction relating to weak pelvic floor muscles
How Do I Book My Spot?
To join this class, we require you to have a pelvic floor assessment, to ensure correct technique of pelvic floor muscle exercises. It is important we know your history, exercise capabilities and specific goals so that your Physiotherapist can recommend a tailored exercise plan to address your needs. You can visit us at our Spring St, Bondi Junction clinic, or attend your appointment via telehealth.
Health Fund Rebates
Our classes are eligible for Private Health Insurance rebates for Clients that have attended a Physio appointment first. Rebates are dependent on your individual fund and level of cover. Please check with your fund prior to booking to avoid disappointment.