Sydney Pelvic Clinic Physiotherapist and Exercise Therapy Leader, Cherie Redfern APAM, leads our signature Pelvic Floor Release workshop. In this workshop, she brings gentle and safe movements and breath work, to calm the body, mind and pelvis.
Pelvic Floor Release is a unique 90 minute workshop that dives into pelvic awareness and and nervous system regulation, with the goal of creating wellness and ease in body, mind and pelvis
Pelvic Floor Release workshop
Combining knowledge from pelvic physiotherapy, mind-body practises and a biopsychosocial approach to pain management, our Pelvic Floor Release workshops are a must for those seeking ways to address the multidimensional aspects of pelvic tension and its symptoms. Anatomical, physiological and psychological factors influence pelvic floor tension, and every person’s experience will be unique. The workshop includes gentle movement and breathing practices, supported postures, mindfulness and deep relaxation to tap into each of these components.
Pelvic Floor Release workshop runs monthly, and you can attend in studio or from the comfort of your home (hybrid format).
A key theme of the workshop is unwinding the stress response and its impact on body/pelvic tension and building flexibility within the nervous system. Mindfulness principles working with pain sensation will also be explored, and will help soften the nervous system’s sensitivity to pain.
Participants will receive two MP3 recordings of Pelvic Floor Release practices and a written posture guide to assist you to effortlessly incorporate the skills learnt into your weekly self-care routine.
Who is the Pelvic Floor Release Workshop Suitable For?
This workshop is suitable for men or women who experience tension or overactivity in the muscles of the pelvic floor, which can be a driver of pelvic pain, as well as bladder, bowel and sexual health dysfunction. It is also an excellent workshop for clients with high stress levels looking to learn ways to unwind tension in body and mind.
Pregnancy and Birth Skills Workshop
This 2-hr workshop in studio or via zoom, is tailored to empower women to better understand the physiology of birth and learn what strategies they can use to best prepare for labour, birth and post-partum. The workshop will support both the physical and mental health needs of women during pregnancy and as they prepare for birth. Informed by evidence-based pelvic physiotherapy, yoga and mindfulness, this workshop includes:
- Evidence- based and practical education exploring physiology of birth, strategies for each stage of labour, perineal preparation, non-pharmacologic pain relief and post-natal recovery
- Pelvic floor awareness, flexibility and relaxation to prepare the body for birthing
- Yoga-inspired moves and supported postures to release pregnancy-related tensions and prepare the pelvis for birth
- Evidence-based movements and postures to help you naturally progress labour, and what the key differences are for first and second stage labour
- Education and practise of optimal positioning for birthing to minimise time in second stage and prevent birth trauma
- Understand how to make evidence-informed decisions and feel empowered for your birthing experience
- Explore non-pharmacologic pain management options including TENS
- Breathing practices for contractions, between contractions, pushing and crowning
- Deep relaxation practices to combat fatigue, manage stress, and utilise in early labour
- Discussion on how to facilitate optimal recovery following birth
Participants will receive resources to support their practices at home.
Who is the Physio Restore For Pregnancy Workshop Suitable For?
This Pregnancy and Birth Skills workshop is suitable for pregnant women during the second and third trimesters. We find it especially helpful from 28 weeks onwards when you are feeling bigger and starting to think more about your birth experience.
It is run as a women-only group, birth partners are not included in the workshop. All resources received can be shared with your birth partner.
1 hour 1:1 sessions are available if you would prefer you birth partner to be included.
How Do I Book My Spot?
Please book an Initial Physio Consult to determine the exercise class most suited to your needs as it is important we know your history, exercise capabilities and specific goals before you get started. Your Physiotherapist will complete an assessment and recommend a tailored exercise plan to ensure you are booked into the right type of exercise class for you. You can visit us at our Spring St, Bondi Junction clinic, or attend your appointment via telehealth.
Please ensure you have paid for your classes with reception prior to booking into your class.
Health Fund Rebates
Our classes are eligible for Private Health Insurance rebates for Clients that have attended a Physio appointment first. Rebates are dependent on your individual fund and level of cover. Please check with your fund prior to booking to avoid disappointment.