General Paediatric Conditions
Raising children is a huge adventure. From the moment they are born you as parents want to ensure they are developing well and meeting their full potential.
As with all aspects of health, prevention or addressing concerns earlier is best and this is especially true with children. If you are concerned about your child’s development seek help and advice early.
We offer a specialised service for children sometimes as young as one week old, and can assist with many aspects of your child’s physical and neurological development. This is often as simple as an assessment of your child followed by reassurance and advice. However, where required we generate play based intervention and development programs.
Our Physiotherapists work in partnership with parents to find ways to integrate changes easily into your lifestyle and routine. We believe paediatric physiotherapy works best when your child is not even aware they are doing it, it should be fun and functional!
Here are some things we can help with:
- Babies with head flattening on one side
- Babies with difficulties turning their head
- Ex premature babies and babies who had complications at birth
- Parents wanting training and education in movement and handling techniques to promote development in new babies (e.g. how to increase tummy time tolerance)
- Babies and toddlers that are having difficulties gaining a skill such as tolerating tummy time, rolling, sitting, crawling and walking
- Children and toddlers with inturned feet, tip toe walkers, knock knees, bow legs and other unusual walking patterns
- Parents concerned about their baby’s or toddler’s foot posture (feet curvature, feet rolling, flat feet)
- Clumsy children with poor balance and gross motor skills such as running jumping, hopping and catching
- Children recovering from broken bones and periods of immobility and other traumas/surgeries (neurological and orthopaedic)
- Children with rheumatic conditions, hypermobility and complex regional pain syndrome
- Children with genetic and neurological conditions (cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, downs syndrome)
Choose Your Workshop
We run two separate workshops based on age, targeting the different stages and skills applicable to each group.
This group is aimed at children who are learning how to tolerate tummy time and get strength in their head and shoulders. It also teaches skills to encourage rolling and starting to discover hands!
Recommended age from 6 weeks – 3 months
This group aims to develop your child’s sitting, balance and strength. Setting them on the road to crawling and discovering their world. It also starts to look at helping your child learn to transition from sitting to tummy/crawling position or from lying down to sitting back up.
Recommended age from 4 months – 7 months
Looking for something to do with your mothers group?
Why not book a personalised Movement Matters workshop!