Tammy is an experienced musculoskeletal physiotherapist who is committed to providing a holistic approach to all of her patients involving manual therapy techniques and exercise rehabilitation. Tammy endeavours to fully understand her patients’ problem/s and goals and is dedicated to assisting her patients on their pathway to restored function – whether that be in their home, work, sporting or recreational life.
Tammy’s passion for physiotherapy started as a young teen when receiving treatment for a lower back injury sustained during national level competitive swimming. Tammy completed her Masters degree at the University of Canberra in 2011 and gained experience in the public hospital setting before entering the musculoskeletal physiotherapy field in Brisbane. During Tammy’s six years in Brisbane she worked in private practice and within the Physiotherapy Department of a Defence On-Base Health Service. Here she gained a great understanding of the physical demands of those serving in our Defence Forces.
Tammy completed Pilates training through Studio Pilates and ran a successful Pilates home studio in Brisbane for four years using both mat-work and reformer-based exercises. Her studio’s approach included safe and effective private and group classes for the antenatal, postnatal and general community. Tammy is committed to ensuring that each client benefits from the exercises they are performing, and she has a close eye for technique correction to maximise this.
Throughout the experience of becoming a mum Tammy has developed a keen interest in the field of Women’s Health and has commenced a training pathway to broaden her scope of practice within this area.
Due to the nature of her husband’s career, Tammy has found herself in the beautiful Eastern Suburbs of Sydney. She loves exploring new places with her husband, two young children and German Shepherd, and enjoys keeping herself physically and mentally in-check with running, pilates and yoga.
- Masters in Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Human Biology
Areas of Specialism
- Acute and long standing injuries/conditions of the shoulder, knee, and ankle
- Exercise rehabilitation; particularly antenatal and postnatal
- Lower limb tendinopathies: particularly Achilles and Gluteal tendinopathy
- Pain / dysfunction related to the spine: lower back, thoracic and neck
- Working with Defence Force personnel
- Temporomandibular joint (Jaw) Assessment and Treatment
- APA Women’s, Men’s and Pelvic Health National Group
- Women’s Health Training Associates