- Early Bird to be paid by 7th June, 2021
$360 + GST ($396 including GST)
- Standard to be paid by 5th July, 2021
$400 + GST ($440 including GST)
- Online recording of course $320 + GST ($352 including GST)
*Live event is fully catered, including morning tea, lunch, and afternoon tea.
Using a biopsychosocial framework combined with the latest evidence and almost 20 years of clinical experience, this 6 hour course aims to improve your confidence and competence in managing people presenting with coccyx pain.
This course will review the most updated terminology and research for coccyx pain, as well as the functional anatomy and biomechanics of the pelvic girdle and coccyx. You will learn about the risk factors, including lifestyle factors that influence coccyx pain as well as how to perform a physical examination, including a Digital Rectal Examination (DRE). You’ll also understand how to provide targeted manual therapy and promote self-management, including exercises, for this patient group.
Both conservative and surgical management will be discussed, in addition to what the current evidence is for both options. At the end of the course you will review a case study allowing demonstration and reinforcement of clinical reasoning to effectively manage patients with coccyx pain.
On completion of this course, you will:
- Understand the functional anatomy and biomechanics of the pelvic girdle and coccyx
- Understand the evidence based risk factors, including psychosocial and lifestyle factors, for coccyx pain
- Review the relationship between coccyx pain and pelvic floor muscle function
- Understand the impact of pregnancy and vaginal birth on the coccyx
- Understand the different patient phenotypes of coccyx pain, ie fracture vs dislocation vs hypermobility
- Review the conservative, pharmacological and surgical management options for coccyx pain and the evidence base for each
- Effectively perform a physical examination of a patient presenting with coccyx pain, including external and internal assessment (Digital Rectal Examination)
- Understand the relevant outcome measures and screening tools to thoroughly assess the psychosocial aspects that influence coccyx pain
- Understand the importance of effective communication and developing a strong therapeutic alliance with your patients
- Learn targeted manual therapy techniques for coccyx pain
- Understand the rationale and be able to prescribe a self-management program for coccyx pain, including pain relief strategies and specific exercises
- Feel confident managing a person with coccyx pain using a biopsychosocial & evidence-informed approach
- Excellent, Angela’s warm personality shone through and was able to chare a wealth of knowledge in an easy understand way. enjoyed having Ali moderate thought that worked really well.
- Being from Tassie, I really appreciate any online learning that is available. Although we didn’t have the practical part, I found this course extremely helpful. Angela is a very engaging presenter.
- Loved your narratives around practitioner language and communication. I wish i could have recorded it as now i’ve forgotten it!
a) Cancellations prior to 7th June – Full refund, less $30 administration fee
b) Cancellations prior to 5th July – 50% refund
c) Cancellations on or after 5th July – no refund
Note: Your place on the course is transferrable if you’re unable to attend. No fee if you are able to sort out financials your end. An administration fee of $30 will apply if we need to refund your payment and take payment for the new attendee.